Functional Pathology assesses how well – or poorly – the body’s functional pathways and body systems are working.
One of the most exciting advances in contemporary holistic practice is the ability to enhance traditional skills and knowledge with highly accurate functional pathology testing.
Unlike standard pathology testing, which seeks to detect and monitor medical abnormities or disease progression, Functional Pathology assesses how well – or poorly – the body’s functional pathways and body systems are working.
These tests investigate functional, biochemical, nutritional, metabolic and hormonal status throughout the body.
The results provide valuable information to assist the safe and effective treatment of chronic and complex conditions, optimising a restoration of health and wellbeing and reducing the likelihood of progression into frank disease.
Gastrointestinal investigations, such as:
- Complete Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA)
- Functional Liver Detoxification Profile (FLDP)
- Helicobacter pylori Stool Antigen (HpSA)
- Intestinal Permeability (IP)
- 3 Day Parasitology (3DP)
- Secretory IgA (sIgA)
Gene Testing such as:
- MTHFR gene testing
Saliva Hormone Testing, such as:
- Adrenal Hormone Profile
- Baseline Hormone Profiles – Male & Female
- Baseline Plus Adrenal Hormone Profile
- Female Hormone Profiles
- Melatonin Profile
- Saliva vs. Serum
- 2 & 16 Urinary Oestrogen Metabolites
- Thyroid Hormone Profile
- Reverse T3 (rT3)
- Thyroid Antibodies
Additional tests include:
- Toxic Metals (Urine & Blood)
- Urinary Iodine
- Osteoporosis Risk Assessment (NTx)
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA)
- Comprehensive Urine Elements Profile (CUEP)
- Food Sensitivity Profile
- IgG Food Sensitivity Profiles
Contact Judith for more information about any of these tests, or the relevance of Functional Pathology to your health recovery